About the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR , effective from May 2018 , is a new data protection and privacy law for all individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). The regulation contains specific provisions and requirements associated with processing and management of personal data of individuals inside the EEA, in a respectful, transparent, legal and careful manner.
At Embitel we are committed towards protecting our Personal Data of our Business Contacts.
We have taken all the necessary steps and measures to ensure that our data retention policies are compliant with the GDPR law.
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following contexts:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our websites
- To provide postal communications, which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Embitel Technologies does retain the personal data of the Business Contacts; but, whenever we process data for the above mentioned purposes, we ensure that we always keep personal data rights in high regard and take a special note of these rights.
At any point of time, our valuable Business Contacts can correct the stored personal data, have the data transferred to another system, limit the level of processing or have the data deleted.
Furthermore, Embitel business contacts can enter an objection to the storing and processing of their personal data or have a copy of the data at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.