OBD2 Software Stack Solutions
Business Model for OBD2 Software Solution
Leverage the benefits of one-time licensing fee model for this stable, pre-tested and industry recognized OBD 2 software solution
Under this business model, we offer IP rights and the complete source code of the OBD2 software. This facilitates our customers to integrate the stack across different projects and/or product lines.
OBD2 software design and development services:
Stack Development for automotive ECU and tooling applications
Vehicle Data collection solutions
Solution design for after-market automotive products
OBD2 software stack implementation on physical layers
A Hand-book on OBD Modes and Services: Learn more about OBD protocol stack architecture, OBD modes, DTCs and PIDs
Meet Our Automotive Leaders
OBD2 software stack Factsheet:
Refer this handbook to know the details of our ready-to-deploy OBD2 software for diagnostic and emissions control in passenger vehicles.
Download this OBD2 Software PDF to get following information:
- OBD2 software license fee, engagement model, and overview
- Benefits of IP rights and OBD2 source code
- OBD2 software Features, platform details, OS compatibility and memory requirements
- OBD2 software stack Development, testing, support and maintenance services
Refer to the OBD2 FAQ sections for more details.
Video Explaining the Need for OBD and Off-board Diagnostics
Advantages of Integrating the OBD2 software:
- OBD II software stack supports all physical layers – CAN, K-Line, ISO9141, PWM and VPW (J1850)
- Pre-tested software stack: OBD2 software stack has been tested for integration in both automotive control units and tooling applications
- This OBD II stack is designed to support all OBD modes
- Platform independent – OBD2 stack can be integrated with Non-OS, RTOS, and Linux environments
- This automotive on-board diagnostics software stack has been pre-tested for integrations with multiple embedded platforms – Freescale, Renesas, PIC, Fujitsu and more.
- Our OBD2 protocol stack has been designed to ensure reduction in time to market and development costs for the customers
FAQs about OBD2 Software stack solution
Q. What is OBD II Stack?
A. OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics) stack, designed and developed by our expert automotive developers, is a set of embedded software services implemented in compliance with ISO 15031 standards for automotive.
This pre-tested and pre-packaged stack can be readily integrated with your diagnostic application for emissions control and monitoring of major engine components.
This stack is best suited for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. We also have expertise and experience to support OBD/OBD II implementation over various physical network layers.
Q. What is included in the OBD2 stack as a software package?
Ans. When you purchase OBD2 software stack from us, following pre-tested OBD modules and drivers are included in a standard package:
- ISO 15031 standard complaint OBD services
- ISO 15765 standard complaint OBD over CAN module (CAN TP Layer)
- VPW/PWM drivers to support OBD over J1850
- ISO 14230 complaint UART/K-Line drivers to support OBD over K-Line
- ISO 9141-2 complaint UART drivers to support OBD over ISO9141-2
Q. Do you also provide OBD2 software stack integration services in addition to software stack package?
- Ans. In addition to our software package, we also offer integration support which includes integration of the stack to your hardware.
Our automotive team will provide end-to-end support for customization and integration of the OBD II stack as per the business need of your target application.
Q. What are the testing services that you provide ?
- Ans. Verification and validation is being done post integration of the stack with your target application.
Q. Is your OBD2 software solution a master or a slave?
- Ans. The OBD2 software solution, designed by our embedded software developers, can be implemented either as master or slave as per your project/application requirement.
We can either integrate it into an automotive control unit as a Server or in an external tool like an OBD2 scanner or telematics unit as a Client.
Q. Does your stack have any dependency on the underlying hardware platform?
- Ans. No. Our OBD2 software solution is hardware platform independent.
Our software development team has designed OBD services (ISO 15031) and OBD Over CAN module (ISO15765) as platform agnostic software
Q. Is the source code of your OBD 2 stack complaint to a proven standard?
- Ans. Yes. Embedded C based software code has been developed in complaince with MISRA-C standard for automotive applications.
We are a CMMI Level 3 organization. We follow industry complaint project management and software development best practice.
The OBD2 source code has also been tested using the third party tools.
Q. Have you partnered with customers to integrate OBD2 software solution for end-of-line testing and/or production programs?
- Ans. With more than 10 years of business experience and automotive domain expertise, we have partnered with Global OEMs’ and Automotive Suppliers for multiple projects of OBD (and other automotive stacks) integration projects
Our team has collaborated for end-of-line testing and OBD2 implementations across multiple OEM platforms and tooling applications.
Q. Please share details about your support and maintenance services
- Ans. We provide post-production support for a specific period of time.
The SLA, warranty period and number of months of support is included in the contract based on the discussions with customer’s team and project requirements.
Q. Please share details regarding business model and license policy
- Ans. We work on the business model of one-time licensing that provides the customer with source code and IP rights.
With IP rights, customers can implement/re-use the OBD2 software stack for multiple projects or platforms.
Q. Can the licensing agreement be customized?
- Ans. Yes, a customized contract can be drafted based on your business requirements and budget allocated to the project.