ISO 26262 Functional Safety consulting
With 11+ years of domain expertise in Automotive and in-depth know-how of Functional Safety implementation practices, we help you to deliver ISO 26262 compliant products for your customers.”
We have partnered with customers across Europe, Asia and US for development of ASIL B, ASIL C and ASIL D compliant automotive solutions.
Following is the snapshot of our Functional Safety (FuSa) Service offerings:
Customer Success Stories: ISO 26262 Functional Safety projects in Automotive:
- Mutation testing project to ensure ASIL-D Compliance of EPS: Collaborated with a Europe based Automotive Engineering Company to execute Mutation Testing of the automotive ECU for their Electric Power Steering
- Analysis and design of the ECU software architecture
- Mutant code design for different test cases identified at the analysis phase
- Reporting and analysis of mutant test results
- ASIL-D Certification for Electric Power Steering system: We partnered with a German OEM for ISO 26262 ASIL-D certification support for their premium passenger car application.
- Support for ISO 26262 ASIL-D certification
- End to end support in :
- Safety Documentation Specification,
- Release Documents
- Development of ASIL-A grade Seating Control System: We worked with a leading Tier-1 supplier from France to develop Seating control systems according to ASIL-A rating.
- Embitel team took care of the complete software requirements (offshore).
- Design & Development of ASIL-D rated Electric Power Steering (EPS) system : Our automotive engineers collaborated with a Tier 1 supplier from India , for the design and development of Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- Engineering and implementation support throughout the project development lifecycle.
- Developed a design based on ASIL-D certified microcontroller – MPC5643L
- Analysis of the Hardware Metrics for ASIL-B complaint Motor Controller: We partnered with a Europe (Spain) based Tier-1 supplier for this project..
- Support in deriving the metrics using FMEDA (Failure modes, Effects and Diagnostics Analysis).
- We leveraged our expertise in SOX tool (from ENCO), for successfully performing the FMEDA
- Our ISO 26262 Consultants successfully derived metrics like SPFM, LFM and PMHF
- Based on the observations and results suggested by these metrics, we recommended the necessary improvements in the system design
Functional Safety Consultants: Team Structure
When you partner with Embitel for Functional Safety project, you can expect to collaborate with an expert team of ISO 26262 Consultants, Project Managers and Automotive Engineers:
Veteran Functional Safety Managers, who ensure ISO 26262 mandated safety management and compliance to desired ASIL values (ASIL B, ASIL C or ASIL D)
Senior ISO 26262 consultant with 20+years of experience, to partner with you for critical automotive projects for product development and consulting support .
Senior embedded engineers proficient in developing automotive applications as per the latest industry standards including AUTOSAR, ISO 26262 and MBD.
Download Webinars: Learn more about ISO 26262 standard and Functional Safety in Automotive
- Webinar on How to re-use software modules in compliance with ASIL (ISO 26262 standard)
- Webinar on Software development according to ISO 26262
- Webinar on Introduction to ISO 26262 for Functional Safety Critical Projects
- Making ‘Functional Safety’ a Part of Your Organization DNA
- Webinar: How to Evaluate Hardware Architecture Metrics for Automotive ECUs (Using FMEDA Method)
FAQs’:ISO 26262 Consulting, Analysis and Design/Development Services
What is Functional Safety in Automotive? What is the role of ISO26262 Standard?
- A number of components of a car are safety critical; like, Electronic Steering System, Anti-lock Braking System, Air-bags, electronic stability control, and more.
By safety critical, we mean that the failure of these components can risk the driver or the passengers’ life.
ISO26262 is a standard that defines a framework to implement safety practices during the design, development, and the testing of all the critical electrical and electronic components of a road vehicle. This standard has been derived from IEC61508.
ISO26262 standard comprises of a set of steps that regulate the product lifecycle at the software and the hardware level. ISO26262 provides an extensive set of recommendation for automotive product development, right from the conceptualization to the decommissioning stage.
What is ASIL in Automotive Functional Safety?
ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) is the notation for software or hardware component that signifies its safety-criticality.
ASIL has four categories- ASIL A, ASIL B, ASIL C, and ASIL D. ASIL A indicates least critical level and D indicates the most critical level. There are three factors that determine the ASIL of a software or hardware- probability of exposure, controllability by the driver, and the severity of the outcome if a fault occurs.ASIL A is almost equivalent to QM level, therefore, ASIL B is usually the minimum requirement, in order to make your product complaint with ISO 26262 Standard for Functional Safety.
Considering the example of an Air-Bag, the analysis will look into how likely it is for the air bag to get activated, what will be the effect on car and how can the driver control it. Considering all these factors, ASIL will be determined, which will most likely be ASIL-D for Air- Bags.
ASIL is determined at the beginning of the automotive software development with the help of HARA. However, it can be done post the development also, but is not recommended. Based on the ASIL rating, safety processes and testing regulations are followed- strictest for D and flexible for A.