ISO 26262 Compliant Automotive ECU Testing
Partner with us for ISO 26262 compliant ECU testing and validation of automotive control units. Our ISO 26262 compliant ECU testing and validation services (Unit, Integration and System testing) are based on Part 6.9, 6.10 and 6.11 of the ISO 26262 standard.
The verification processes are as per the guidelines mentioned in Part 8.9 of the ISO 26262 standard.
In our endeavor to help Automotive OEMs’ and Suppliers achieve the required Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL B, ASIL C & ASIL D) for their products, we have partnered with global brands from USA, Europe, China/Taiwan, and India, for ISO 26262 ECU Testing Projects
ISO 26262 ECU Testing: The Process Flowchart
A Handbook on ISO 26262 Compliant Testing:
Learn more about Unit, Integration and Functional Testing methodology as per ISO 26262 standard
Expertise in ECU Testing Tools Certified by ISO 26262
We have expertise in the following Testing and Verification tools. These include tools certified by ISO 26262 standard and others.
- CANTATA– Ideal to automate unit and integration testing and ISO 26262 verification of the code. It is an ISO 26262 certified tool.
- RTRT– An Automation tool for unit testing, developed by IBM. It is a widely used testing tool and is certified by ISO 26262
- Polyspace: This tool uses formal techniques to test run-time errors. It checks for security vulnerability, coding guidelines and other classes of bugs. It is used for static verification process
- MX-Suite: This is one of the most comprehensive automated testing tools for software verification of embedded systems.
- Tessy Tool for Unit Testing: Tessy automates the whole unit test cycle for Embedded software development project including regression testing
Automotive ECU Testing Services: Complaint with the Functional Safety Standard
- Expertise in Unit Testing Services for Automotive Software in accordance with the required Automotive Safety and Integrity Level (ASIL)
- Statement coverage, branch coverage and MC/DC coverage
- ISO 26262 Compliant static verification services including semi-formal verification, control flow analysis etc.
- Expertise in static analysis tools like QA-C and PolySpace
- ISO 26262 compliant integration testing services including fault-injection testing, models and codes simulation and structural coverage.
- Expertise in testing tools like CANTATA, MX Suit, Tessy Tool, RTRT and LDRA
- Software Safety Requirement (SSR) verification services as per ISO 26262 standard
- Support for SSR verification in ECU network and vehicle-level environment
- Hardware in Loop (HIL) Testing
[Video] Functional Safety and Unit Testing: Decoding Part 6.9 of the ISO 26262 Standard
Meet Our Automotive Leaders
FAQs Regarding ISO 26262 Compliant ECU Testing Services
Ans. Primarily, we partner with the customers based on the “Time and Material” business model. The billing is charged based on the actual man hours and cost of equipment (3rd party tools etc.) for the project.
However, once the project and relationship mature and we gain deeper understanding of the code complexities, tool requirements and future changes, the business model can be changed to “fixed price model”.
Ans. The following is the indicative list of the testing tools that we have worked with, during ISO 26262 testing projects are as follows:
- CANTATA for Unit and Integration Testing
- MX-Suite for unit testing and software verification of embedded system
- RTRT for Unit Testing
- Polyspace to check coding guidelines and static verification process
- Tessy Tool for Unit Testing
Our hands-on experience of working on these tools include projects on different ECUs. We can share more details once we sign the NDA.
Ans. The security and integrity of the code is our number one priority, as per the NDA signed with our customers.
We adhere to the GDPR and ISO 27001 guidelines for the code safety and integrity.
Secure FTP is also always made available, to ensure that code is transferred in a secure environment.
Ans. When you partner with Embitel, for ISO 26262 compliant testing services, you collaborate with an expert core team of:
- Functional Safety Consultants
- Project Managers
- Testing Engineers.
Here is the team hierarchy that is most commonly followed in the ISO 26262 Testing Projects:
Functional Safety Manager: Ensures that the ISO 26262 testing guidelines are followed in letter and spirit, during the testing processes. For all the technical discussions, the Functional Safety Manager will be your SPOC.
Project Manager: Manages the entire project execution and coordinate between the team and the customers.
Testing Engineers: Collaborate for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Validation activities
Ans. We do have an onsite/offshore business model, in which we provide resources to our customers for testing projects.
Our engineers travel to the customer’s location to perform software testing. This is usually opted when the customers have certain tools or environments specific to the project.
Alternatively, the customers can also set up an off-shore development center (ODC), where they can send the work-products for testing, under a secure environment.
We will perform the tests and share the report within a stipulated span of time. We will ensure that a secure communication infrastructure is created to protect the integrity of the code.
Ans. Following reports will be provided, as deliverables of ISO 26262 Testing Project:
- Unit Test Reports, Integration Testing Reports, etc.
- Tool reports from tools like CANTATA, MX-Suite etc.
If the customers require the reports in any specific test template, we can support for the same.
Ans. We share weekly or monthly Timesheets with the customers to keep them apprised of the developments in the project. The timesheet covers the completed processes, pending activities, health of the project etc.
The project managers also have regular calls with the customers to give the heads-up on the project. This is how the communication channel is maintained and project is supervised.
Related Blogs: Learn more about ISO 26262 ECU Testing and Verification of Automotive ECU
- [Vlog] ISO 26262 Compliant Unit Testing: Understanding the Methods, Test Cases and Coverage
- ISO 26262 Compliant Unit Testing Strategies: A Step Towards Achieving Functional Safety in Automotive Product Development