J1939 Protocol Stack Integration
Business Model for J1939 Stack Solution
We offer this industry-wide proven and stable SAE J1939 software solution under a one-time licensing fee model.
In this business model, you (as the customer) own the IP rights and the source code of the software stack. This enables you to integrate the J1939 stack across multiple projects and/or product lines.
Our SAE J1939 Protocol Stack, for commercial vehicles, has been designed as a low power & memory footprints solution. This ready-to-deploy J1939 Protocol Stack comprises of configurable J1939 PGN and SPN list
J1939 stack integration, configuration and testing services
J1939 Datalink + Transport layer (J1939/21) and Network Management layer (J1939/81) are pre-tested and pre-packaged as per the SAE J1939 standard. These layers are ‘re-usable’ for any automotive ECU and/or automotive tooling applications
End-user Application analysis
J1939/73 diagnostics layer services
J1939/71 application layer services
J1939-82 conformance testing services
J1939 bootloader development services
J1939 diagnostic tester
Meet Our Automotive Leaders
SAE J1939 software stack Factsheet:
This is a quick-reference guide to know all the details about our J1939 solution for commercial and light passenger vehicles.
Download this J1939 PDF to get following information:
- J1939 license fee, engagement model and overview
- Benefits of IP rights and access to J1939 source code
- J1939 software features, OS compatibility, memory requirements
- J1939 stack integration, testing and maintenance services (pre and post production)
Refer to the J1939 FAQ sections for more details.
FAQs about J1939 Stack Integration
Q. What is J1939?
A. J1939 is a standard (set of embedded software specifications) defined by SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers). The SAE J1939 protocol specifications are defined for CAN bus, and J1939 stack is an embedded software code with layered architecture and is compliant with J1939 standard.
The J1939 protocol stack is best suited for automotive ECU and tooling applications in commercial vehicles.
Q. Which software layer services are part of the J1939 stack?
Ans. Our J1939 software stack consists of validated and verified software layer services.
Following are the software specifications of the included layers:
|ISO-OSI model layer||Embedded software specification|
|Data link / Transport Layer||J1939/21|
|Network Management Layer||J1939/81|
|Application Layer||J1939/71 and 73|
Q. Do you also provide hardware and software integration services for J1939 stack?
Ans. As part of the SLA, our software team will work closely with your team to analyze the end-user application.
Based on your business requirement, we provide customization and integration of the J1939 stack with your hardware platform and software application.
To summarize, we will partner with your team to deliver following services along with the stack:
- Integration of the J1939 stack to your hardware platform
- Integration of J1939 solution with target application
- Development of bootloader software based on J1939 standard
- Development of driver modules like CAN, UART and more
- Verification &validation (testing services)of your target application after integration
Q. Do you provide ECU reprogramming module/ bootloader solution as the part of the software stack?
- Ans. The modules that support the bootloader functionality are already included in the software stack. We also provide additional integration support for ECU reprogramming.
This includes segregating the memory as boot and application area, implementing boot loader logic in both boot and application, CRC checks, Flash driver and more.
Q. Is there any specific hardware dependency of your stack?
- Ans. No, our J1939 software solution is hardware independent. We also provide CAN drivers as a part of software package. These are designed to ensure hardware abstraction.
Q. Is the J1939 software source code complaint to any specific standard?
- Ans. The J1939 software stack is complaint with ISO J1939 standard. The software source code is developed using embedded C in compliance with MISRA-C standard.
At an organization level, we also follow all the software development best practices as per CMMI level 3 standards.
Q. Have you integrated the J1939 software stack solution before for any of your customers?
- Ans. We have more than 10 years of experience and domain expertise in partnering with global automotive OEMs’ and Suppliers
We have a team of expert automotive software engineers, who have delivered key solutions for integration, end-of-line testing and support for the implementation J1939 software stack across multiple platforms
Q. Do you provide post-production support as a service?
- Ans. We have a well-defined support and maintenance process for your post-production requirements.
As per your project requirements and partnership expectations, post-production support will be part of the SLA at the onset of the J1939 stack integration project
Q. Can you share details about your licensing policies?
- Ans. Our business module enables one-time licensing which provides the customer with IP rights and source code for the software stack.
The IP rights help your business to reuse the software code across multiple projects.
However the business model can be re-framed according to the business needs of the customer and project specifications.